Sunday, March 1, 2009

Welcome to the new and approved edition of RABBLE ROUSER’S FORUM.

Hi. I am Gabrielle David and I run RABBLE ROUSER'S FORUM. The Forum consists of three pages: (1) Page One, (2) Politics and (3) Media/Arts. The Politics and Media/Arts sections are primarily comprised of great articles on the web from not-so-main-stream-media (like blogs and alternative media) that you may not otherwise know about, so enjoy!

I also updated and added a few goodies. First, there are links to my MYSPACE, IMEEM, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, FLICKR and LINKED IN pages. Please feel free to visit, subscribe or sign up to be my friend. I look forward to hearing from you. I also added a nifty little tool, TELL A FRIEND, which appears at the end of each post and allows you to send articles using Bookmark, Email, and to your friends through IM, Blog and Social websites. The DIGG icon appears at the top of each article, so I encourage you to submit and spread the word to all of your friends.


SUBSCRIBE. IT'S EASY AND FREE. JUST HIT THE ORANGE BUTTON FOR AN RSS FEED OR SUBSCRIBE THE OLD-FASHIONED WAY VIA EMAIL (RIGHT HAND COLUMN)


Finally, I’ve added PDF files to the website, specifically, for the Cover page articles. Reading short articles online is okay, but reading long articles online can be tedious and difficult. Since printing articles from Blogger doesn’t work very well, for printing purposes, I am using PDF files. Blogger doesn’t let you “attach” PDF files in the traditional sense, so I’m posting PDFs in SCRIBD and linking the articles to the PDF file for you to print. You can also share and send the PDF to others from the SCRIBD menu. To print, just "Download" from SCRIBD and then print it. Happy reading!

I use INTENSE DEBATE for my "Comments" because it provides more robust features than Blogger’s native comment moderation tools. The “Comments” link appears at the end of each posting. Just click on it and it opens to a separate page. Now, you will be required to sign up for comments in INTENSE DEBATE, but after that, you just have to log-in and comment to your hearts' delight!

Ahhh technology, it's a pain in the butt to pull together, but when it's done and it's working great, ain’t it sweet?


Some people blog because they like to hear the sound of their voice in print and could care a less if anyone reads his or her stuff. I am not one of those people. I blog because I’m interested in nurturing a public conversation and would like to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments and ideas. By the way, don't forget to subscribe to RABBLE ROUSER'S FORUM so that you can receive the latest updates (updates are generally done every Sunday night). Also, if you want to submit articles, please submit (with a photo) to rabblerousertoo@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you and cheers!

Subscribe in a reader (see additional alternatives in the right-hand column)

Welcome to the new and approved edition of RABBLE ROUSER’S FORUM.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
 
© free template by Blogspot tutorial